A sustainable culture
Engaging our people
We engage our employees through initiatives including ‘ONE Team’ and ‘ONE Planet’ which help us connect our geographically dispersed workforce.
We are committed to making environmental improvements and will continue to be resource sensitive throughout our value chain, with a shared commitment from our employees and clients
• Sustainability Advantage Gold Partner with Office of Environment and Heritage NSW Government
• Certified to ISO14001 in Australia and New Zealand
• Rainforest Rescue supporter, having planted over 4000 trees
• Tree sponsor for the reforestation of Motutapu Island (offshore Island in Auckland harbour) for each New Zealand employee’s 1st year work anniversary.
• Converga’s digital solutions have been proven (by third party life cycle assessments) to be more environmentally friendly than traditional processes. Moving to paperless solutions not only improves productivity and processing time, but also reduces the environmental burden on your company.
• In 2014 Converga’s paperless solutions for accounts payable and digital mail saved an estimated 862 tonnes of C0² emissions from our clients’ footprints and 1138 tonnes of C0² emissions overall, which equates to taking 206 cars off the road.
We support the disadvantaged in our local communities to improve and secure their economic futures, while raising the social conscience of our employees.
• Supporter of the Kanlungan Orphanage in Manila
• Mission Australia Employer of the Year 2013
We are dedicated to acting responsibly in our relations with our customers, communities, suppliers and employees. We protect our employees’ human rights, uphold and improve labour standards, and do not participating in bribery or corrupt behavior.
• ISO9001 Quality Management systems
• Winner, North Eastern Sydney regional award for Excellence Business Ethics, NSW Business Chamber’s Awards 2014
We are committed to fostering a fun and positive organisational culture, where we celebrate our successes, provide a safe and healthy workplace, and continue to grow and develop our people in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.
• Winner, North Eastern Sydney regional award for Employer of Choice, NSW Business Chamber’s Awards 2014.
• Training and developmet for our employees, with a focus on leadership development and pathways.
• Study and birthday leave, employee assistance programs and access to corporate discounts.
• Consistently high employee engagement rating of 70%+ in last 5 years.
• Supporting development in Manila
We support the Kanlungan sa ER-Ma Ministry Inc Orphanage in Manila (Kanlungan); a non-government child-caring agency located in Malate, the former “red light district” of Manila Philippines.
Kanlungan provides a refuge for children who have been exploited, neglected, abused and abandoned, as well as the victims of child trafficking. They offer children the means to develop their talent and potential, which aligns with our own staff learning and development.
In the last two years we have sponsored 25 children and donated approximately $10,000 for projects such as facility upgrades, providing learning tools and software. The Converga Manila team hosted Christmas for the children in 2018, and regularly volunteer at the orphanages. We have also recently provided employment for two of their graduates who work in our Transaction Services team.